Professional Freedom Tax Service - We won't file until you smile!
RSS

Recent Posts

IRS investigating Liberty Tax
6 Tax Red Flags That Can Get You Audited
Teach Your Kids About Money (They'll Thank You Later)
Police warn of IRS scams during tax season
Consultant's Corner: Irs Schedule C Audit..

Categories

Economy
Filing a late tax return
Freedom Talk
General questions
Information
Self Employed Individuals
powered by

Tax Service Blog

Police warn of IRS scams during tax season

During the current tax season, the Police Department has seen a drastic increase in fraudulent IRS related incidents and would like to caution residents who may be purchasing a Green Dot, or other prepaid debit card, under threat of prosecution for tax issues.

Several cases have been reported in which victims received phone calls from individuals claiming to be local law enforcement officers and/or agents with the IRS. In each case, the caller claimed the victim was delinquent in his/her tax payment and instructed the victim to purchase pre-paid debit cards in order to repay the taxes, threatening that the victim would be arrested if he/she failed to comply. During each of the incidents, the caller(s) have been concealing their phone numbers in order to give the appearance that the phone calls are originating from law enforcement or the IRS.

Neither the IRS, nor any law enforcement agency, will ever request payment over the telephone. If you receive any suspicious calls instructing you to provide money or personal information over the telephone, ask for a call back number and contact the local police department in order to verify the legitimacy of the caller. If you believe that you have been a victim of a similar scam, call the police or the IRS to report the incident.

35 Comments to Police warn of IRS scams during tax season:

Comments RSS
Detective Service in Pune on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:36 AM
You choose very good topic for your post... I like your post and content quality is also rich.

View on Thursday, July 24, 2014 11:22 AM
thank you for the share of you,i learn many things from your blog,thanks a lot!

Equity premium tips on Friday, May 13, 2016 7:21 AM
Thanks for all the enthusiasm to offer such helpful information here however it proved to be Very helpful to me thank for sharing ...

Mark on Monday, December 11, 2017 8:09 AM
I did a search on the subject and found nearly all persons will agree with your blog. I prefer to read this kind of stuff. vape mods packaging

essaybox review on Wednesday, April 04, 2018 4:25 AM
Almost every person in police department had been doing the same and I am sure they are just following the orders. We should be having idea that it has been only for the sake of traffic.

recres-educatives on Friday, May 18, 2018 4:01 PM
Good subject that ought to be clarified in great way about the rest in which we can take a decent rest in our life. on the off chance that I am not wrong I suspect as much everybody rest like a child as the article composing reveals to us that in dozing we resemble an infant. We can do anything while at the same time dozing so I discovered this written work very fascinating for me.

olymptrade on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 4:53 PM
An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile.

loemrntdherid1 on Wednesday, May 23, 2018 1:41 AM
I daily watch your website because it helps me in my many works and it is very beneficial for me because it gives the work a professional touch that is really an amazing thing.

Dwayne on Friday, May 25, 2018 1:50 AM
Thank you very much sharing valuable information that Police warn of IRS scams during tax season. Thanks and carry on it. We are the top suppliers of caster wheels

Sammy on Friday, June 01, 2018 7:51 AM
Informative post. I was looking information about the IRS scams during tax season. This is very informative for me. Thanks and continue it. Buy attractive bakery bexes online

Tyler Brady on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 5:56 AM
You have written very informative article about IRS scams during tax season. I have learned a lot about it which will help me in future. Buy quality playground mats

Bailey Jackson on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 7:07 AM
Great to read article about IRS scams during tax season. I must say you have made a great effort in making this post which is appreciable. tarpaulin covers for sale

cheap longchamp handbags on Thursday, July 05, 2018 1:19 AM

happy new year wish 2019 on Saturday, November 17, 2018 6:58 AM
I like this article.I was searching over search engines and found your blog and its really helps thank you so much

papersplanet on Saturday, June 01, 2019 4:00 PM
You looks me professional.I want to know how you manage to deal with this all?You performance is just up to mark.Thank you so much for this.

yourhomeworkdone on Thursday, June 13, 2019 12:59 AM
Incidents of frauds was at their highest level in the previous year. But now due to the strict steps done by the government has reduced the ratio.

Shane Watson on Tuesday, June 18, 2019 1:51 AM
What a good post here. You have discussed very important point here that is really useful in our life and use practically in our life.Thanks.To get rubber roofing click here Visit Rubberroofuk.co.uk

IT Asset Management South Africa on Thursday, June 20, 2019 8:11 AM
If there is some kind of award or reward for great content, this material should win it. I have not read such good quality content in a while. You can also visit here IT Asset Management South Africa to get best and cheap IT services. Thank you.

cat6 plenum on Sunday, June 23, 2019 9:34 AM
Shop BN Cables for Bulk Ethernet cat5e, cat6 Cat6a Plenum and Riser Ethernet Networking Cable & Accessories.

Dwayne Jhon on Saturday, June 29, 2019 4:16 AM
It is a very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I have seen in this blog.Thanks. UK top dealer of product boxes

15 page research paper topics on Tuesday, July 09, 2019 3:24 AM
This tax service has been something that I have been looking for s few hours. I want to say a big thanks for your hard work here. I will definitely recommend your professional help to all my friends. Thanks!

Missouri football live stream on Sunday, August 04, 2019 1:16 AM
Missouri kicks off their football season on the road on Saturday, August 31st at 6:30 p.m. as the Tigers battle the Wyoming Cowboys in Laramie, Wyoming. WYO vs MIZ live

candle boxes on Tuesday, August 06, 2019 11:09 AM
You are providing good services for tax. You have shared wonderful blog with me. I liked the content. This is informative and very interesting.

custom dissertation hypothesis writing help on Friday, August 09, 2019 4:14 AM
Hypotheses can only be applied to quantitative research since you need to be able to test and measure the results in order to reach conclusions.

help writing dissertation results on Friday, August 09, 2019 4:32 AM
Do you need to buy dissertation results for your paper? We assure you that finding a reliable writing service will significantly facilitate your life.

Alabama vs Duke Football Live Streaming on Monday, August 19, 2019 2:19 AM
Alabama v Duke Football Chick-fil-A Kickoff Games, held at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, are recognized as the official beginning of the college football season. This is the college football excitement fans have come to expect from the city of Atlanta. ALA vs MISS live

mens vintage shirts on Friday, August 30, 2019 10:23 AM
I just could not go away your website prior to suggesting that I extremely loved the usual info a person supply to your guests? Is gonna be again regularly in order to check out new posts.

lab report hypothesis example on Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:09 AM
The hypothesis is a predictive statement in which you assume that, based on your observations, there is a relationship between a dependent and independent variable(s).

How to Watch RWC 2019 on Friday, September 13, 2019 6:30 AM
The 2019 Rugby World Cup will be the ninth Rugby World Cup, and is to be held in Japan from 20 September to 2 November. This will be the first time the tournament is to be held in Asia, the first time consecutive tournaments have been staged in the same hemisphere, and also the first time that the event will take place outside the traditional heartland of the sport. how to watch rugby world cup 2019 nz

Kim on Saturday, September 14, 2019 5:59 AM
Very great and cool post here. I am really impressed with your work. I appreciate your written style. I hope you will soon share your next post about this discussion hair extensions boxes for sale

Watch Cowboys vs Packers on Tuesday, October 01, 2019 7:45 AM
It is possible to watch Dallas Cowboys games online or on TV without an expensive Cable TV package. Usually these games are on FOX, but that may change depending on schedule, type of game or national interest. Cowboys vs Packers nfl week 5

iot security on Sunday, October 06, 2019 7:18 AM
Amazing and extremely energizing site. Affection to watch. Continue Rocking.

Cricket Highlights on Tuesday, October 08, 2019 3:04 PM
Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. i know what to say except that I have. It is quite beneficial, although think about the facts when it reaches this target. It is extremely helpful for me. Thanks so a lot for your convene

dissertation methodology writing on Thursday, October 10, 2019 10:50 AM
When writing a methodology, you have to clearly state the reasons for using specific research methods. It is not enough to say “I thought this method would be …” or “It was interesting for me to see whether….” You have to provide strong arguments to support your choice.

writing dissertation abstract on Tuesday, November 12, 2019 7:26 AM
Thanks a lot for the warnings. Hopefully, they will secure us from fraud.